Wednesday 26 March 2008

Flowers that bloom in Spring and Painting With Light

DCM Little Extra this week as set by Sue again

Our midweek Little Extra is titled ‘The Flowers That Bloom In The Spring’ and we would like you to create a card with flowers. Simple? Aww but hold on…….there’s a little twist because we don’t want to make it too easy for you. We want your cards to have flowers on but we don’t want to see any Prima’s or shop brought blooms. The idea of this dare is for you create your flowers yourself, so let’s see what you can come up with.

I stamped a flower image, coloured in with Twinkling H2O's, and the small little flower charm on the ribbon was punched from Shrink Plastic, inked with StazOn, sanded and then shrunk.Unfortunately, I can't find my set of greeting stamps anywhere. I had this cool little MSE set with loads of greetings that were great for cards and I can't find them anywhere. I think I lost them at Crafteire. So i had to handwrite the greeting and I don't really like it.


I've just started Cheryl Johnson's Painting With Light course. Part of our first assignment was to take a self portrait to include our name. Here's mine.

TFL, Jan

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab card! Great photo too. :)

Vanessa.

Jane said...

great photo and card ! :)

Sandy said...

Wow what a grogeous card. Great photo.

SueH said...

Your little flower is so cute. It really brings a smile to my face!

manuela said...

great card!

Caroline Moore said...

Hey Jan - thanks for dropping by - glad to see you using that stamp nd looooovvvvee the photo - it looks great.

Kim Costello said...

Great photo and pretty flower!

Evonne said...

Jan, love the self portrait! You look great - the fringe REALLY suits you!