Monday 10 March 2008

Blog Makeover, Crafteire and a few unfinished LO's

Since my last post you may have noticed I've given the blog a bit of a makeover. Well really I just chose another template but I did create the new banner myself. Hope you like it. Pink is just so much more me. : )

I was at Crafteire the weekend before last and had a brilliant time thanks to KateG and Mireille who did a fab job of organising it yet again. Myself and Orla drove up on the Friday, after spending about 45 minutes trying to get into Cork city to drop Matthew off for a class we eventually abandoned him so we could get on the road to Tullamore. We arrived up just in time to drop our bags off in the crop room and order dinner. Tigger had organised dinner again this year and loads of the girls were there. It was great to meet all the old faces again and put faces to some of the new names on the forums. After dinner we spent the evening scrapping away until the early hours. Kate and Mireille had set a challenge to create a LO using only 3 sheets of Sassafrass Lass pp which we had been given, a photo, adhesive and pens. This is what I came up with.

I did add pink cardstock for the journalling afterwards. I had a title too but I didn't like it. The photo really isn't all that significant. Its just of me standing in my Granny's kitchen and the journalling is just all about things I remember/like about her house. Any ideas on a title???

Anyway myself and Orla toddled back to our B&B, the Dinnis Cottage, at around 1am and we conked for the night. Up early enough the following morning. I had Beckie's Rusty Pickle class at 11.30. Won't post a picture coz I haven't added any photo's but we did an accordian album using RP Heirloom papers I think. The album turned out lovely and I must try to get some photo's into it soon. Might even try another one if I can get my hands on it. They really are fab. All prescored and put together for you almost.

Had Amber Jane's Fancy Pants class after lucnh and it was really great. We got gorgeous kits with lovely papers, die cuts and rub-ons. Here's what I made in the class.
Slightly different from Amber's but I think it suits my photo better. This one is off my Granny and again I haven't put in the title, will probably go the boring route and stick with My Granny or Nana Betty if I an fit it in somewhere. Don't really want to cover over the lovley rub-ons.

After Amber's class it was straight on to Eva's class where we used Sassafrass Lass Felicity papers to make a LO where we focused on the photo. I have to say I really enjoyed this class because it wouldn't be my style usually and it was nice to try something different and I really like Eva's style.

Here's the LO I did and again it was slightly different from Eva's. I used plain cardstock as the base rather that patterned paper.
Have to say I love how it turned out (probably because I actually finished it). Thanks Eva.

I managed to get a spare (well almost spare) place in Amber's othe class., Hey Sunhine using KI Memories pop culture papers. It was a fantastic class and again the kit was brilliant. Don't have a photo of what we did because i haven't yet added photo's to the LO. Thanks to Tigger and Mireille for squeezing me in to this class and sorry for upsetting the applecart.

Saturday eveing we did Jane Dean's master class in the crop room. What a class. I don't know how this lady come up with her ideas. We were each given a sheet of Efa Plast , which is a sort of air drying paper clay. Well we rolled out the clay, stamped into it to create an image/texture and let it dry for the night. This gave us lovely tiles to paint and decorate. We used them to embellish the lid of a little box we were given.


Again there was a few scrapped into the early hours of the morning. I managed to get 2 non-class LO's done over the weekend. Well actually one was a class from last year's Crafteire that I only put together this year.

It was using the kit and most of the instructions from Amber's class last year with a few of my own variatons.
Again no title, again no ideas. Suggestions anyone???


Here's the other one I did. And this was all my own work. Not 100% done but very close.Have to say I was delighted to get so many LO's done (or thereabouts anyway). Usually I don't have photo's that suit.
On Sunday morning we finished off Jane's master class by making a piano hinged mini book to put in the box we had decorated. I didn't finish this off but I loved the idea of it. So different.

Overall this year's Crafteire was really brilliant. Different from the previous two years but just as good. I liked how there were no classes on the Sunday apart from Jane's one in the morning, which gave you plenty of time to finish off things you had started yourself or in classes. Initially I only booked for 3 classes and the masterclass so I would have this time. If I had realised it i would definitely have tried to get into Linny's class. She did the most beautiful chipboard and acetate mini album. All the one's I was turned out fab. Her make and take was fab too. Made a beautiful actetate keyring/photoframe. It was really lovely. The other make and takes were fab too. Beckie's Rusty Pickle mini album was so cute and I had great fun with the Grungeboard that Crafteire provided too. It was a pity I didn't get a chance to play with the Bind-It-All Annamarie had but I figure Orla will let me play with the one she bought.

Other than Crafteire I got some crafting in at Caroline's last crop. One is totally finished, surprisingly enough.
The other one needs a title and jornalling.

Her next crop is on the 30th of March and I'm looking forward to it already.

On the card making side, my friend ahd a baby boy last week and this is the card i made for her. Not the greatest photo but it was taken in a hurry before I gave it away. The card and the baby were cut on the CraftRobo. The 'It's a Boy' bit at the end is ribbon.

So that's all. Must be my longest post by a longshot,
TFL, Jan.


3 comments:

HandcraftedbyRuthie said...

Lovely facelift Jan! Some amount of LOs - all gorgeous.

JACKIE M said...

Great looking Blog Jan( did you not consider brown) LOl
I love all your Layouts and that card is great =0)

Barbara O'Connor said...

Looking good Jan (putting mine to shame)
Some really gorgeous LO's too, love your holiday one.