Tuesday 18 March 2008

DCM Teen Spirit Little Extra + a few cards

The Little extra over on DCM last Friday was Teen Spirit ste by Rachel
"Well I thought we have had plenty of flowers and hearts and girly things so I would like some cards with some teen spirit please."

When I saw the title of the dare the first thing that came to my head was the NIrvana song Smells Like Teen Spirit. I googled the song lyrics and images and was inspired by the Nirvana Smiley/Stoned face logo like this

So I went with the black and yellow theme (which is waaaay out of my comfort zone - I'm more pretty pink and pastels).

I stamped a swirly image over and over and embossed it with yellow embossing powder for the background. Mounted this on yellow and stuck it on the card. The star in the centre was doen on the craftrobo. Stuck this on black cardstock and wrapped the ribbon around it. I was a bit stuck for a greeting. The only one I had that would fit in the space was 'birthday wishes' in a lovely script font that I didn't really think matched the feel of the card. So i cut the celebrate out on the robo too. Great that I'm getting the use from it.


I've done a few other cards in the last few days too.
The first two are for my BF's aunt



The red and white one is a cardlift of some cards that Littlebit (on Craftsupplies) did for the birthday club this month. I loved the design and wanted to try it myself (with her permission of course)

The next is a trifold card (tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers) that I've been dying to try out for ages. the flower embellsihment in the centre was done using the paper clay technique that Jane Dean taught at Crafteire.


The last one is another birthday card. The background on this was done using versamark and chalks. It was a demo Jackie did at one of Lainey's crops ages ago.

Have to say This is one of my favourite cards. I just adore the colours in it. I nearly don't want to give it away.

Anyway, TFL, Jan

2 comments:

Neasa said...

And I am the lucky recipient of the Splitcoast Stampers card everyone!!!
Thanks so much Jan. It came at a really good time. I honestly really appreciate you thinking of me. Loves ya hun!!! x x x

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Jan , your cards are absolutely fabulous !xuwpbjwu