Monday 28 April 2008

DCM, Tigger's 40th, Caroline Crop, Some Cards and Some Photos

Well I've been busy since I've last been on. Have gotten 2 DCM dares done, been to Tigger's 'surprise' 40th birthday party, went to Caroline's crop, taken loads of photos for CJ's Painting with Light course, made some cards and bought a few stamps online too.

I'll start with the DCM dares. This weeks one was 'Most Distressing.'

Hi it's Keryn here and it's my turn to Distress you all, or at least your cards with this weeks dare. You can make a card for any season, any holiday, any occaision but you need to use either a fingernail, curled edges, sandpaper, tearing, anything you like really as long as looks like it's had a fair bit or wear and tear.

I made two cards for this (well really 2 versions of the exact same card) and another almost identical one that has no distressing because it just didn't suit the colours.

The lighthouse is one of the stamps I bought in my little shopping spree.

I also tried out Lythan's doodling tutorial and I have to say I love it. Thanks so much Lythan. Here are the two doodled cards I did.


On Friday night it was Tigger's 'surprise' 40th birthday. We were all asked to wear black and orange out of respect for her tiggerness. I had nothing black or orange so I bought a €3 top in Penney's and altered it with some felt and fur.

Here's a group shot of all the crafter's . I'm second from the left.


Me and Caroline - thanks for the seat for the night Caroline : )

Eva and Tigger admiring the birthday LO's.


More admiring.

Then on Sunday I went to Caroline's crop. Another great day with a fab class. There was an option of either a mini book or a LO with the kit, which was REALLY generous.
The mini-album was absolutely gorgeous, I loved how it was bound but I though I have quite a few that have never had any photo's in the yet, and I had a picture that suited the LO so I took the easier/lazier option and went with the LO.

The green cardstock with the picture on it is a flap that lifts up to reveal a space where there should/will be jouranlling at some stage.The photo is my mum and granny taken at my Mum's 50th last year.

Then I did this LO all by myself using Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl papers from a pack I got in the US last October that had never been opened. I'm really happy with how it turned out and that its finished with nothing else to be added (for a change.)

The photo was taken the same night as the one in the other LO, when we were all together for Mum's birthday.

I also made some cards. I bought a flowerpot shaped punch from Meg - well it was half price so I had to. Made a few variations of the same kind of card.



Also made some cards using my new Magnolia Tilda stamps and a sketch from My Paper World.



This cake and candles stamp is a Magnolia one too.


Cut the scallop circle and inner circle for this on my CraftRobo.


Oh and the pictures I took for CJ's course last week.






Well its taken me ages to load up everything for this post, so if you are taking a peek please leave a comment, if only just to say hello.


TFL, Jan

8 comments:

Kate said...

Jan you have been busy!!!! I love all the photo's of Tigger's Birtday you're top is FAB!!!
The Lo's and card are beautiful you've been hard at it. Hope you are enjoying CJ's course I found it VERY good I have to say.

Mandy said...

OMG Jan, what a post hun!!! Hats off to you those cards and LO's are stunning! Love your tigger outfit too! ;) Mandyxx

HandcraftedbyRuthie said...

OMG - busy lady!!! Love the doodle cards and your flower post turned out beautifully. Well done!

My Paper World said...

Wow! great cards and photos Jan!
I especially love the cute cards you made with the sketch!
Thanks so much for using it!
Nicola xx

Kathy said...

wow Jan, what a fab post!
Your cards and LOs all look wonderful and I had such fun putting faces to the Bumbleberry names!

Tigger's rambling said...

Thank you so much for taking so many fantastic photo's....I have loads of scrapping to do now :-)

Kath Stewart said...

Fab cards - you have been very busy lady and it looked a fun party

Sandie said...

Hi Jan!! 'tis I... I forget people don't make the connection between my name and my username, LOL!! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Love your doodle cards!! You've sure been busy. And it looks like you had a blast at Tigger's party, wish I could have been there. You're outfit was great too!! I don't think I actually posess anyting orange :S Best not tell tigger that, eh?? haha!