Monday 7 April 2008

DCM Shrink to Fit

Kathy set the challenge this week, it was a bit tough but I enjoyed it.


Shrink to Fit
I used to be able to make cards with lots of "white space" around the designs, but lately when I've tried to do this my cards just look sooooo naked!
So this week I'd like you to think small - not small cards, but small spaces of embellishment on regular sized cards.
You are allowed to cover no more than a 5x5cms area of your card with paper or embellishment - the rest of the card must be left plain.
How you use those valuable cms is up to you. So you may choose to split up those cms to use around your card, or use them in a block or a line. It might help to cut a few 5x5cm squares then cut those up to work out good ways of using your allotment. Making your whole card a miniscule 5x5cms is NOT an option!! Lets have no cheating (I know what you lot are like.....),but because I'm feeling generous, I'm going to let you add a SIMPLE greeting as extra to your 5x5 allowance! :-)



The greens match better IRL.

I also made a birthday card for someone I work with. I think the patterned papers are 3 Bugs and the greeting is cut on Craftrobo.


We got our first assignment for Cheryl Johnson's Painting With Light photography course so I was out snapping over the weekend. Some of the other doing the course have produce some fab pictures. Here's one that I took, don't think it's going to be in the top 3 but we'll have to see.

TFL, Jan


5 comments:

Anice said...

Great challenge card for DCM. I also love the other card you've made. The colours and design are great.
Anice xx

Mandy said...

Fabby cards Jan and I LOVE your photograph, it's just gorgeous.
Mandyxxj

Anonymous said...

They're both fabby cards. :)

Vanessa.

eva birdthistle said...

Gorgeous cards Jan and your photos of your first 2 assignments look great!

JACKIE M said...

two lovely cards jan and great photo ...Looks like they are having a chat =0)