Saturday 21 June 2008

Ooops...left it a bit long again

It's been a while since I've posted but I've had such a hectic month since my last post.
Started off with a trip to Cardiff for the Heineken cup final. What a brilliant weekend. I don't think I've ever experienced anything like the atmosphere that was over there. It was something else altogether.


Crowds outside the Millenium Stadium
Some of our group.
It was great that they got the win but we would have enjoyed it even if they didn't there was such banter and shenanigans going on. Our ferry was delayed on the way back so we didn't get home until 3 0'clock on the Monday morning and then I had to go to work :( Didn't mind it so much though because we had the Sciath na Scol Final (a schools hurling competition) which we won. I think it might have topped Cardiff. It was a huge deal in our school and obviously the win had to be celebrated that night.

Spent the week putting finishing touches on outfits for a fancy dress that weekend. Myself and BF went as Dorothy and the Tinman (thanks Jackie for the suggestion) I made both of the costumes.
I got the shoes in Penney's for €12 and they had these awful gold buckles on the front. I intended to sparkle them up with stickles but when I took of the buckles and put on little red bows they were quite cut so I left them alone. I wear them out now the whole time and I've never received so much compliment on a pair of shoes. Typical.
My Mum and Dad went as Mike and Sully from Mosters Inc. - his name is Mike and Mum's maiden name is O' Sullivan so some people would call her Sully. I made their costumes too.

Here's the card I made for the birthday girl.


The following day was my Nana's 85th birthday so I drove up to Kerry for that. I made her a very similar card.


(Ooops -glue was still wet under some of the gems when I took the photo)


The following Tuesday this little guy arrived.



This is my nephew Matthew, who was born on the 3rd of June, weighing in at 9lbs 4. He's the first child on both sides of the family so we're all chuffed to bits with him.
I was inspired by Mella to make a star card for him, except my star only has 4 points so its more like a square card :) And obviously I don't have her drawing/painting talent so I cut shapes on my CraftRobo instead.









I also made this album of some of the photo's I took of him on his first day. I got it from Linny's shop at Crafteire. She did a fab class with it which I missed unfortunately but I bought the blank book and she was kind enough to email me the instructions. I used Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl papers beacuse the journalling cards were just right. I wasn't 100% happy with cover - I think it's lacking something but I was pleased with the rest of it.





I made this Thank You card for a TY student I had helping out in my classroom during the year. Its using Basic Grey Cupcake papers, from a 6x6 pad I bought in Cork Art Supplies

Had to do a birthday card for my BF's golf mad dad. Used the same papers and the golfafella stamp from Stamping Bella.


And a wedding card that I totally card lifted from Kate.


Did this card for my Dad for Father's Day. He's big into Sudoku.

Tfl, Jan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - amazing costumes! I couldn't believe it when you said you made all of them! Very sweet star card too :) My mum would love the sudoku one!
Lotsa great ideas here.

Kate said...

Gosh Jan you weren't joking when you said that the post was huge!! You're like me post once a month and then have loads of photos!!LOL
LOVE the star card and baby book, well love everything really and your version of the wedding card looks fab!!!
I have that wedding stamp too must use it with the frame it looks great!! You and your BF look great LOVE all the costumes I'd love to be able to make clothes :-( I can't sew to save my life.

JACKIE M said...

Jan I love all your new additions to your blog You look fantastic as Dorothy as does your BF, Mum and Dad. the costumes are brilliant.I am addicted to the little albums lately and love yours the baby is beautiful ,must try a star card yours turned out great =0)

Mandy said...

wow girl, well I just dont know where to start from the albums, costums, cards, to the cutest ickle baby, all amazing work, and I REALLY LOVE THOSE SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you are keeping well!, hugs mandyxx