Saturday 3 July 2010

A few cards


Well despite my good intentions it's been quite a while since I posted. Still haven't got back into the swing of crafting. Most of what I've done has been stuff I've had to do, and usually in a hurry too. It seems like the last month or so I just been chasing my tail. You know when you're really busy but you have nothing to show for it. I suppose I did start a new job at the beginning of June but I don't think I can really use that as an excuse. Hopefully now that I have my summer holidays I'll get back into it. Still haven't printed off any photos from the travels but I suppose once I do I'll have a reason to get scrapping again. Speaking of photos I booked a photographer for the wedding today (well we booked but you know what I mean, I decided and he paid lol). Here's his blog  . I love his style of photography. He's really passionate about capturing the day naturally and moments as they happen rather than staged shots. I love the idea of that.

Anyway here's some of what I've been up to in the craftroom.

Here's a get well card I did just the other day

I reckon it's the first time I've used that swirly stamp in the 3 or so years I've had it.

This card is for my niece who's 1 tomorrow, and guess what I just realised as I was doing this card - She's given me something to use my 'z's for. Now I just need to know someone with an 'x' in their name.


This is a birthday card I did for my granny. The ink is metallic so that's why you can't see some of the greeting. It's all there really.

Here is one I did for the principal inn the school I used to work in. He retired recently. The logo on the front is the school crest. They're not actually the school colours, but they're the colours of the school teams, so I don't think he'll mind. Designed it myself on the craftrobo. Impressed myself with that. Usually I just download templates or merge shapes.
 
I made this for a boy I used to babysit.Obviously enough it was for his First Communion. You can't see but the white background behind the cross is embossed with swiss dots.
There have been a few other but I can't remember if I took photos of them and if I did I certainly can't find them on any memory stick! Oh well!

TFL, Jan

No comments: